The District intends to treat the A Line Canal with Nautique on Friday June 5, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact the District office.
The Minnehaha Pump Station has been repaired and turned back on.
The B-1 Line will be down for repairs all weekend. The District anticipates it to be back up on Monday afternoon.
May Board Meeting: May 14, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.Virtual/Teleconference options available. Call the office at 541-567-3024 for information. The office is also open for those who wish to attend in person. Agenda Items Include: Operations & Maintenance Update, Post Disaster Repairs, Watershed Plan, Health Insurance Renewal, and Fencing Variance Request.
Residents of Umatilla County and the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation who sustained damage or loss as a result of the February 5 -9 Umatilla River flooding event have until June 2, 2020, to register for disaster assistance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). By law, FEMA assistance cannot duplicate the assistance received from insurance companies; however, assistance may be received for uninsured or underinsured items.
Things people may not know:
• Even if repairs have already been made, assistance may still be available from FEMA.
• If applicants have flood insurance, they still may be eligible for items that aren’t insurable (wells, septic systems, private roads and bridges).
• If referred to the SBA, people should complete a loan application – even if they don’t want a loan. If offered a loan, there is no obligation to take it, but if declined for a loan, a referral back to FEMA may be made for additional assistance.
How can disaster assistance be accessed? There are many ways to apply:
• By phone: 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
– The TTY number is 1-800-462-7585
– For 711 or Video Relay Service, call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
• Online: www.DisasterAssistance.gov
• Use FEMA’s disaster app on a smartphone. To download the app, go to www.fema.gov/mobile-app.
• SBA offers federal low-interest disaster loans to businesses of all sizes, most private nonprofit organizations, homeowners and renters.
• Information about how to apply for low-interest SBA loans for businesses and residents is available online at www.SBA.gov/disaster. People may also call 1-800-659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hearing impaired individuals may call 800-877-8339.
How to Submit Documents:
After registering with FEMA to receive assistance, important documents such as an insurance denial or settlement letter, proof of ownership of the damaged property, or receipts and/or estimates for repair work that has already been done or still needs to be done will need to be provided. There are three options to do this:
1. Set up a Disaster Assistance account at www.DisasterAssistance.gov and upload documents electronically. If assistance is needed in setting up an account, a FEMA representative can guide applicants through the process over the phone.
2. Fax documents to: 1-800-827-8112. Please include your FEMA registration number on all pages included in the fax.
3. Mail documents to: FEMA, P.O. Box 10055, Hyattsville, MD, 20782-8055. Please include your FEMA registration number on all pages included in the envelope.
FEMA has made it a priority to reach everyone who needs help – including people with disabilities, older adults, and people who do not speak English. If a disability accommodation is needed, extra assistance processing paperwork, or are unclear about what happens next, notify FEMA staff at the time of registration or anytime throughout the assistance process.
For further information, visit DisasterAssistance.gov; Oregon Office of Emergency Management (Facebook, Twitter); and Umatilla County Emergency Management (Facebook).
HID will be performing scheduled maintenance in the Bensel Rd & Cooney Rd area tomorrow, May 5, 2020. Bensel Road will be closed most of the day in order to allow crews to replace a culvert.
SPECIAL MEETING NOTICE: The Hermiston Irrigation District Board of Directors will hold a Special Meeting Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. by Zoom audio/video conference. The purpose of this meeting is to approve bids for pipe. Call the District office at 541-567-3024 for call-in information.
The I Line has been repaired and turned on. Also, the L & LA Line screen has been repaired and turned on.
Everything has been charged now.
Unfortunately, the L and LA Lines will be off until tomorrow.
The B Line is back on. The H, L, LA are now on.
Repairs have been made to the G Line, we plan to turn it back on today sometime.
The R Line will be off for a few more days for a major repair.
The D Line, M and O will be on in a few more days.